About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Long Line of Over-reactors..........

One of my favorite movies is Father of the Bride. In that movie, Steve Martin is explaining to his soon-to-be son-in-law that his daughter comes from a long line of over-reactors. She has just freaked out for no good reason. I love that line...a long line of over-reactors. That is definitely part of my heritage! A good friend (possibly unknowingly) reminded me tonight that there is no need to over-react to situations we find ourselves in. While on a day-to-day basis, I am not a pessimist, if I suspect that something "bad" has happened, I tend to assume the worst. I tend to use words like "always", "never"...."end of civilization as we know it"...no, not the last one, but the others definitely. D calls me on it when I do.

First, I need to be patient. Romans 12:10-12 says, "Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer..." We always have reason to hope with our Lord in control, and although I wouldn't consider this specific situation a "tribulation", I need to be more patient as things come my way. Take a few minutes to evaluate the situation, wait until I know all the facts....and then look on what has transpired as an opportunity...a chance to learn...a chance to grow. It is a matter of trust, isn't it? Knowing that nothing transpires that God is not fully aware of or has allowed in my life.

Lord, help me let go of the reigns of my life and turn them over to you.

"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. SELAH." Psalm 68:19

1 comment:

Sage said...

Thanx for the comment you left me... it makes me cry at night when I think of what I do wrong in the day, especailly anger. I've chosen to seperate myself from martail arts for a while... we'll see how that works out. I would like to ask if you could email me once a week to keep me accountable for my anger... please. I need that to start.