About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Great Start....Lousy Finish...aka Family Reunion Flu

Well, we are back from FL after a wonderful visit with long-lost family members. There is nothing like re-kindling the bonds of family and realizing how close they are even though you rarely see each other. I am looking forward to keeping these relationships closer and that much more determined to get Dani and myself over to the UK.

It was great seeing Kyle and having the opportunity to discuss his goals/plans for the future. I am praying that part of that will include him coming to stay with us this summer.

After a wonderful couple of days, we finished off the trip with "family reunion flu". We think my nephew Sean was the carrier. I guess his getting sick after a fun-filled day at Disney World wasn't exhaustion/dehydration after all. Kyle and Dani came down with it that last day. I managed to get home before it hit me and now at least 1/2 of the group (24 in all) have come down with it, including my family from the UK who are still in Florida. If there is any positive side, it seems to be a 24-hour thing...hopefully they will be satisfactorily over it before the remaining 10 days they have on holiday is over.

It was wonderful to be out of town for a couple of days...but wonderful to be home. I'm sorry to have to miss church tonight as I am looking forward to getting back to my church family.

See you all in a couple of days.

1 comment:

Julie Alexander said...

Thank you for the warm welcome-back!