About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Abundant Blessings...

This has been a great week....

First, new wheels...YAY! As you may recall, about a month ago I started having some car troubles. Well the prognosis was about $3000 to fix a $1500 van, so it wasn't happening. I decided I would just drive the van until it died...and that happened about a week 1/2 ago. After driving a couple of vehicles with +80K miles that were in my price range or lower mileage vehicles way out of my price range, I was really feeling the stress. God and I had several long discussions about it and I reminded him of my faith promise and how I could not out-give him...then, God came through (as though he wouldn't). My sister overheard a friend talking about trading his van and, well, to make a long story even longer, I was able to purchase the van from him at the dealerships trade-in value. It only has 50,000 miles on it and I got an excellent, excellent deal...thank you, God.

Next, the ministry team from Faith Christian school in Lafayette, IN was here ministering in song. A few of the girls came and stayed with us. I love having company and the girls were such a joy to have. Danielle bonded with them very quickly and they had a fun chatty evening. I don't think they got as much sleep as they should have, but I think they had a great time of fellowship!

Finally, Danielle had an awesome trip to Atlanta on a Harvester's retreat where the kids were again challenged to think about whether the Lord would have them serve as missionaries. I could tell that Danielle was challenged and came home with a sensitive heart and a renewed fervor for the Lord. That was evident again in how she responded to her SS and preaching today. God is very, very good.

We are off at the end of the week to a family reunion in Orlando. I can't wait to be together with my cousins (whom I haven't seen since I was a Senior in High School) and their spouses and children (whom I have never met). It will be a short, but I pray, wonderful trip. I am looking forward to getting out of town for a couple of days.

Psalm 92:1-2
It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning,
And your faithfulness every night.

1 comment:

Butterfly said...

we will!