About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Old Home Week....

Greetings from BJU! WHAT a beautiful place. I am here for the AACS (American Association of Christian Schools) national fine arts competition that Danielle is competing in. This is my first visit here, and I love it! It just has a really great atmosphere and the young people are all so kind and friendly. The music has been breathtaking and the chapel services inspiring.

The best part about it has been running into so many old and dear friends from Tri-City in Missouri, but also those who left Tri-City and are now at various and sundry parts of the country (Indiana, N. Carolina, S. Carolina). It has been so great getting caught up, of course, discussing how grown all of our children are (this sounds very boring to some of my readers, I know...but wait, your day will come).

Danielle sang beautifully. She was very relaxed (Yay...rag doll) and Shayna played beautifully. The vocalist gets a lot of credit, but it could never be done without the support of the accompanist!

Of course, my thoughts have been on Kyle a great deal. Of course, everyone is asking after him and as I watch his classmates perform and listen to what they are singing, I know he should have been a part of this too....ah well. God isn't through with him yet.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. -- Psalm 127:3

BOTH of them are....

3 comments:

La Profesora said...

Sounds like a wonderful time for you all - I remember thinking once that BJs campus was like a little bit of heaven on earth = so different from the rest of the world.
You are in our prayers. Good for Danielle and all that are there for GCS. And Kyle is also on God's agenda - after all, he's your child and you are God's child - therefore God has a vested interest in what happens to him. :)

Anna said...

Been reading your and Dani's blogs, sounds like you are having a great time.

Thanks for adding yourself and Dani's links to my blog.

Love you

Anna

Anna said...

Another thought....

Julie, I have been thinking about you today and I have to tell you that your wonderful ability to witness to people without fear is inspiring, you are truly an apostle of the Lord.

I only wish I had the strength to do what you do.

You have my respect, admiration and love.

Anna