About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Friday, May 19, 2006

We're Off to See the Wizard....

In the morning (supposedly 5 AM, but it is looking doubtful) we will be following the yellow brick road back to Kansas. Kyle's High School Graduation is Sunday. In some respects I am glad to be going back. Kansas will be beautiful this time of year. I am looking forward to the wide open spaces, the wheat fields and NOT driving through a tunnel of trees.

As I watched the graduation ceremonies tonight at Grace Christian School, I couldn't help but think of Kyle and how different the ceremony will be at his public school on Sunday. It is a small town, so there will potentially be a mention of God but it pales in comparison to what I saw tonight. I just couldn't stop thinking of how the speaker admonished the kids to not put their Bibles away when they say good-bye to Grace. Kyle has put his Bible down. And it hurts more than I can explain.

As I packed tonight, I kept thinking about what I was going to write in Kyle's card. I kept prayerfully thinking to myself, I just don't know what to write. I just don't know how I should feel about all of this. "Proud" is just not an emotion that I am coming up with right now. And then the Lord spoke to me...and a word popped into my head....THANKFUL.

I can be thankful...
Thankful that Kyle achieved this milestone in his life;
Thankful that Kyle is planning on going to college;
Thankful that he is still healthy;
Thankful that he is gifted intellectually and musically;

But most of all...
Thankful that God is still in control;
Thankful that nothing happens that God doesn't allow;
Thankful that God is merciful and longsuffering;
Thankful that God changes hearts and performs miracles in people's life;
Thankful that I can petition to the creator of the Universe to heal my son....

So much to be thankful for. When I am writing Kyle's letter, I can honestly tell him I love him....and I am THANKFUL.

O Give Thanks Unto the Lord for HE IS GOOD...HIS MERCY ENDURETH FOREVER!

Pray for us while we are gone.

2 comments:

Sage said...

you have more word for prayer

La Profesora said...

Not the wizard!!! :)))

We're praying for you and Dani that you'll be a blessing to some folks out there and the Lord will show you what you need to know.