About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Peace that Passeth Understanding...

I wanted to share a tremendous blessing I have experienced this week. I had asked some to pray as I was bored at work lately. Well, they all did a very good job because it then became a "be careful what you pray for, God may give it to you" situation. A couple of weeks ago, my supervisor quit. I have been assigned some of her responsibilities and the "buffer" between myself and the director of our department is now gone. Needless to say, the demands have been great. On top of that situation, I had some responsibilities for a banquent at our school (and not to mention that fact that I am still somewhat unnerved about Kyle's graduation). Last week I was FREAKED OUT! And Sunday, it was melt down time....I HATE IT when that happens.

I had asked my Sunday School class to pray for me and Wednesday...it hit me. My surroundings and the pressures had not changed...but my spirit and attitude had changed 180 degrees. Brandon, who is also working with me on the project, commented that he noticed a difference. It just hit me that God was giving me great grace on behalf of all those who were interceding for me. What a blessing!

I have also been meditating on the following scripture:

1 Peter 2
18Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
19For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
20For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Authority...you never escape it. But if you can take the instruction that your authority gives, whether it is given in a kind and considerate manner, or in a brash, outspoken, froward manner, if you take it patiently....God will bless you.

(And yes, Dani, that applies to you....even if the brash, outspoken authority in your life is sometimes your mother! And yes, it applies to all of Dani's friends as well).

Thank you for your prayers....



1 Chronicles 16:8
"Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people."

No comments: