About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day...

Two posts in one day...yeesh, I probably need to get a life! But as I was sitting here in the wee hours of the morning, listening to the radio, it just occurred to me that it is May Day.

This day brings back some of my favorite childhood memories. I grew up in a very small town in N. Central Kansas, and on May Day, we would make little "baskets", usually dixie cups with a pipe cleaner handle or empty green strawberry pints. We would put candy, maybe a little note and a flower in the baskets and then travel to each of our friends houses, run up to the front door, set the basket down, ring the door bell and RUN. Supposedly, if it was a boy leaving a girl a basket or vice versa and you caught them leaving the basket and were able to run them down they would kiss you, or you would kiss them....frankly, I don't remember anyone catching me...although we were all out delivering our baskets at around the same time so no one was probably home when we delivered them.

Oh, well...funny little memory! But a good one!

1 comment:

Sage said...

kinda weird