About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Memories....

I had forgotten just how beautiful Kansas can be in the late Spring/Early Summer. Everything is so green. There are massive pasture lands and wheat fields...the most beautiful color of green, rippling like waves in water as the wind blows across them. The sky was so blue today, it took my breath away. The cows are all calving and you can see them scattered through the tall grass peaking up, looking for their mothers. The cattle, especially the red ones (can't remember what they're called) are scattered across the hill sides...sigh. The weather here was beautiful today. Sunny, but with a wonderful cool breeze blowing. We visited a home that has a tour of their Irises. The flowers are fantastic. There were hundreds of them in every color/shape/size. The peonies are in full bloom as well. I can't remember the last time I came "home" at this time of year. I am loving it.

My sister and I spent the afternoon driving around town to all our old "haunts", taking pictures of anything we had a special memory associated with...The Buffalo Roam...The Sweden Creme...Bob's Inn...the pool...the high school...the air port. I will be delighting (or perhaps boring) some of you with these tales and the associated pictures soon. We had so much fun...a lot of laughs. But one place she would not go by is our old house. None of us have passed it yet. I was willing, but Mom and Angie still say...NO. I am not sentimental towards things and buildings the way they are. Don't get me wrong...I have things that hold sentimental value...but they are expendable. To me...the memories, the people themselves...that is where the true value lies. A house is just a building. The people that fill it make it a home, and wherever those people are...is home.

We are heading to Nebraska tomorrow to see some Aunts/Uncles/Cousins. By the time Danielle and I get home, we will have passed through 13 States!

On the way down...
1. Georgia
2. Tennessee
3. Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Missouri
6. Kansas
7. Nebraska

On the way home..
8. Oklahoma
9. Texas
10. Louisiana
11. Missippi
12. Florida
13. Alabama

Yee haw...I LOVE road trips. Keep praying for Danielle....

1 comment:

Sage said...

Hehe... that reminds me soooo much of the farm in washington state. *sigh*. Well, anyways, I hope your legs don't fall off. I know how it is, 3 day road trip from wa. state to georgia. YAY!!! prayin fer ya...