About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Tearing Down Idols....

Can you idolize a dish? Tonight I had a horrifically difficult lesson to learn about not placing too much store in earthly things. Speaking purely hypothetically of course, someone you know may be having dental surgery and you may fix a meal for her family and you may put it in your most prized and precious serving dish only to have it returned with an unsitely chip in it. You just never know how people will treat your most important treasures. They could even allow teenage boys to wash them, carelessly throwing it around in the sink. Caring not that you paid at least $5 for a 20 piece set at a garage sale and that you bought it from a friends garage sale in your beloved home town of Independence, Missouri and how that dish brought you warm and pleasant memories of happy spring morning garage saling with your best friend...*sigh*...it is a difficult lesson, to be sure. But I'll try to deal with it. Now I know not to place store in earthly things.

4 comments:

Julie Alexander said...

OK...now I'm getting paranoid and I'm gonna post the first comment on this to make sure everyone knows...I AM ONLY JOKING! Just in case some of you don't yet fully understand my strange personality...

Sage said...

YAY! I wanna wash it next!!!

La Profesora said...

it is fun to think back on the garage saleing with friends part, right? :)))))

Sage said...

two rw's... well then, I've seen everything... hehe.