About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Monday, July 10, 2006

The Rescue Mission...

Tonight, Danielle and I had the blessing of singing at the Rescue Mission. I have to admit that I haven't been feeling too good lately. Nothing too serious...just very tired, a little achy. It's just been going on for a while and it is wearing on me. It must be visible, because I have just noticed lately that people keep asking me if everything is OK, if I feel OK...etc. Even tonight, when we arrived at the Mission, someone asked me if everything is OK. I just say, yes, fine.

As we were waiting for the service to start, I asked Danielle if how I was feeling was really showing on me, and she said definitely. I was talking to the Lord about it, asking him to give me strength and to allow my countenance to show Him to these men. I didn't want to stand before them looking all droopy.

Pastor Powell started the service with the congregational hymn...Victory in Jesus. By the end of the first verse, I felt like sobbing! Talk about a lifting of my spirit and an unexpected answer to prayer! Those men, many of them homeless, jobless, addicts, were singing...very joyfully...at the TOP of their lungs. Between the verse and the chorus they would shout...VICTORY!

What a rebuke! I couldn't believe I was allowing the small discomfort I have been experiencing to effect me to the point that my countenance was affected so visibly, that I was probably even feeling a little sorry for myself..and these men, under such trial, could show the love of Christ in their lives through their singing.

There was a wonderful testimony by a man in our church and Pastor Powell brought a wonderful message. Seven men prayed the sinners prayer and many other decisions were made. As we live about 3 blocks from there, I'm not sure why we are not there more often. This was only our second time to go, but I think I am going to make it a more regular affair! Nathan Farnsworth is preaching next month!

Thank you, Lord. For giving me some perspective.

4 comments:

La Profesora said...

i'll be praying for you on your health. many of us need to go to a rescue mission service in order to put things in perspective, eh?
good post.

Sage said...

(Def)initely...

Sage said...

call me... pkone esta up...

Sage said...

I'm giving directions to dani... my mom said yes.