About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

No Sad Goodbyes.....


That is a line from the song that Anthony Morrison sang in church this morning..the song was Beulah land. It is so sweet to think about going home to be with our Lord. To live in a place of no sorrow or toil. That line struck me this morning, because just yesterday Danielle and I had to say a sad goodbye.

Our dear friends, the Flemings were here from Kansas City. Their nephew (his family was also from our old church in Kansas City) was married outside of Atlanta on Saturday. They traveled here and spent a few nights and then we went to the wedding with them on Saturday. I can't say enough good things about this family. We have been their close friends for 10 years, since Danielle was about 5. They have loved us and made us part of their family. Sometimes it's hard to be a "5th wheel" in a sea of married people, but they never made me feel as though that mattered to them for one second.


We shared holidays, birthdays, joy and sorrow. No siblings could be closer. They cared for, scolded, encouraged and loved my children, especially Danielle, as one of their own and I feel the same way about their children. There is no pretense with them or them with me. We can truly be ourselves and feel loved and accepted. Just like a true family. They accept me...warts and all.

Their absence is the one remaining regret concerning our move to Georgia. I saw them, after a year and a half, in Kansas City in May so it was a blessing to see them again so soon. But the goodbyes are hard...we all weep (the women anyway!) But as I told Lauren, it is a blessing to have someone to miss so much. We still stay in close contact...and we will continue to see each other off and on through the years...but some sweet day, there will be no sad goodbyes and we will be together for all eternity, at home with our Lord. That's a sweet thought.

1 comment:

La Profesora said...

what a neat thing, julie. the Lord is good to give us the friends we need. yes, i am looking forward to that homegoing day.