About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

There Was an Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly....

...I don't know why she swallowed that fly...I guess she'll die.

An interesting thing happened to me last night. I swallowed a fly. More like a gnat, actually. I was walking the dog and looking up admiringly at the moon. Apparently my mouth was hanging open in wondrous amazement because, at that very moment, I heard/felt the offending bug fly into my mouth and hit the back of my throat.

At first I tried to cough it up, but I was experiencing a choking sensation and I knew, in that dreadful moment, that my only option was to close my mouth and swallow...which I did. Hmmmm...I did wonder..1) If this was some type of "stinging" insect, would it be able to sting me from the inside and 2) How long would it actually live once I had swallowed it? Oh well...no serious after effects. Just my own home-version of "Fear Factor". Kids...do not attempt this at home...I am a professional.

4 comments:

Butterfly said...

hahahaha....that's funny. too bad it wasn't a june bug.hehehehehehehehehehe you would've sounded weird, you're stomach would've been making funny noises..lol.....lol

La Profesora said...

yuck.
hey, rebecca has a funny post today too.

La Profesora said...

indiana rebecca :)

Julie Alexander said...

You are evil, Danielle...evil I say!