About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Hip Bones Connected to the Knee Bone...

Don't you hate it when you can't physically do what you want to do when you want to do it? At 41, I am starting to recognize a lack of resiliency in my body. Goodness knows, I haven't taken care of it as well as I should, but I have never had any on-going bad side effects...until this week.

My chiropractor seems to think I have a piece of calcium floating around in my knee from an old high-school injury. Apparently scar tissue can calcify and then break off. My knee won't bend because of internal defense mechanisms which swell up the tissue to prevent further injury. Also my hips are out of wack, putting too much pressure on the knee....and....he thinks I may have FIBRO-MYALGIA...you have got to be kidding.

Anyway, I have been doing a lot of thinking about my age, my body and how far I have let things go and, in light of the frustration over the last couple of days as an invalid, I am determined to take better care of myself and see if I can't get myself back into shape....at lease enough to make sure I can keep doing what I want to do, and that is serve the Lord, for a long time to come, without too many interruptions!

1 comment:

La Profesora said...

i am coming to the same conclusion and have put a bug in my sister's ear for a study on it for women at church. praying for you!

And one day, this corrupt body will be exchanged for an immortal and incorruptible one!