About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

That's Good Preachin....

Last night at church Pastor preached on Ebbs and Flows, from Deuteronomy. He asked the congregation if we ever experienced ebbs and flows, ups and downs, blessings and curses, especially after coming off a spiritual high (see the previous post). God knew I needed that lesson. It is His way of molding us into the people he created us to be. It was very kind of Him to plan that just for me.

Pastor also said God gives us just enough water to keep us encouraged....and just enough of the Philistines to keep us humble. He said that of all the aspects of salvation that we should be thankful for, one of the greatest should be that God saved us from ourselves....from lives of bitterness, anger, disappointment. I can amen and amen to that.

That's good preachin'....

3 comments:

Sage said...

I don't think that your title is possible Mrs. A... If one has too many blessings... it's probably because they are unsaved. So they are not blessings... and eventually this unsaved one will die with the remorse of an empty soul... hehe, good post though. Later.

Julie Alexander said...

Uh Huh...it has been my experience that the unsaved only think (or better yet pretend) to be blessed. I think most people are battling through this world futilely searching for something to fill the God-sized hole they have in their hearts. This was actually a saying I got from a little old lady that worked at a bakery I was associated with at my previous job. She was disabled and had to get up every morning at 3:30 p.m. to catch a bus to work. Every morning, as people greeted her and asked how she was, she always said "Too blessed to be depressed!" It has become one of my favorite sayings...although I don't usually say it as much as think it. Thanks for commenting.

Ajoy Philip Babu said...

"My lord is sufficient for me"
Philipians 4:13

This is the definition of sufficiency for a Christian and if one is sufficient i guess they must be Blessed.

Thats what i think.

As for the unsaved,it is said(cant remember the passage but its a parable)
that the weeds will be allowed to grow with the harvest until the time of threshing when the weeds will be pulled out and thrown into the fire,till then they will be allowed to grow.