About Me

My photo
Phenix City, Alabama, United States
I have been called by God to serve Him through ministry to the orphan children of Africa! I have just started this journey! My prayer is that God will grant me wings so that I may swiftly arrive on the field! Please pray for his guiding!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Blessings and Curses...

I have had an interesting couple of days. In my life, it has been my experience that whenever I am coming off of a spiritual high after a great revival meeting or a missions conference, like the one we just had at Grace this week, that I experience a couple of bumps. I hesitate to always blame Satan as my flesh has as much to do with it. But I am trusting in the Lord....no worries.

Blessing:
During the Missions Conference we had to make our faith promise pledge. The preaching at this conference on giving was the best I had ever heard. God really spoke to my heart about making my faith promise just that....a promise of faith. Instead of fitting the pledge into my budget, I decided to make it hurt...not at an irresponsible level, but certainly at a level of inconvenience. I made my pledge with full confidence that I can not out give God. I can't tell you how excited I was after making that pledge. I look forward with great anticipation to see how God will provide!

What do you know...Monday I get to work and make a stop at the bank (we have an branch office at my work place). I'm concerned about the balance because I appear to have too much money in my account (not normally a problem) 2 days BEFORE pay day. The teller looks up my account and there is a sizable payment from the Kansas Payment Center which could only mean one thing....child support. I have been in a battle with my X for the last 2 years. He owes me (Danielle) a very sizable amount. I now owe my lawyer a very sizable amount. But this payment was wholly unexpected and the timing did not escape me. The Lord is letting me know that he is in control!

Curse:
The faith promise is made, the money comes in...and now, car problems. This started over the weekend (although the van has been a lemon from the start). It appears I have electrical/transmission problems that will probably cost far more than the car is worth to have fixed. I still owe a small amount on the vehicle, so now the decision needs to be made...buy or fix? I don't want to put the money into the vehicle, but I don't want to take on a big car payment...blah, blah, blah. Out of all the "frustrations" of single-motherhood, transportation issues is one of my hot spots. I'll keep praying and seek counsel before I make a decision on this one. I know God even cares about my solenoid (sp?).

Blessing:
To end on a positive note, Danielle received a good report on her injured knee. This has to be of God as well. She has been on our Sunday School prayer list. She has not been faithfully doing her exercises and where just weeks ago we were at eminent surgery, the therapist is now raving about how great it all looks. Thank you, God.

1 comment:

Ajoy Philip Babu said...

good to hear that you are taking a step out in faith.
keep walking.